My present organization is: (Manga Studio)
1. draw a reference in a digital drawing tool.
2. add a layer and blue the layer I just worked on.
3. do it over and over
4. when I'm getting nowhere, add large grids
5. do 1,2,3 with grids
6. ruler the whole work(very recent... just started doing this - it's making a library of the lines in Manga Studio)
7. be confused with options now that I have a new file with the lines and too many options
My present organization is: (Gimp 2.6.8)
1. same as above
2. same as above
3. same as above
4. same as above
5. same as above
6. path the parts I like, make new paths for different colors
7. play with painting and stroke options on different paths (don't have a lot of direction per-say)
All of this is on a digital pad... which is a Bamboo.. so it's capable, but it isn't an Intuous which is 4 times more sensitive and has 5 times the resolution in drawing.
Anyone have any suggestions?