HEY ALL, IT'S ALMOST 2015, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!? It means it is time for another Sven's Comic Challenge. AND THIS TIME, we will be doing something different, something more fun than the persecutions of Christians under Nero (ha ha, what a stinker that guy was!). This time we will be doing a rendition of the GROUP STORY exercise that some of you crazies did in elementary school. We'll start with a basic panel made by yours truly, and someone out there in CCAS land will make another panel, and then someone else will create a panel, and so on and so forth until the story ends! HA HA SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE FULL OF SURPRISES!!!
What is this and Why is it Important?
The best online communities have fun contests and competitions for its members. The Christian Writing community has writing competitions, the Christian Gaming community has gaming competitions (ha ha if the community had more than 5 people, that is), and it stands to reason that a Christian comic community should have comic competitions. Competitions create a greater sense of unity and interdependence, and inhibit the tendency in hobby related communities for the people to work in their silos without interfacing with anyone outside of their own work. This article says exactly that:http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/05/28/how-to-discourag... This "competition" will attempt to get us all interfacing together, and working off from each other.
So What Am I Doing?
Below is a single, simple panel that will start this mess. The object is to create a second panel to this panel, and post is to this discussion. And then once that panel is published (in the responses to this discussion below), I will add it to this post and someone new can add a third panel, and then someone will post a fourth panel, and so on and so forth. Eventually, we will have our own (mini?) comic. IT'S THAT EASY!
- You can post multiple panels in this story, but never in direct succession. For instance, if you draw the fourth panel, you cannot draw the fifth panel, but you can draw the sixth.
- You can only post ONE panel at a time.
- If two people try to draw a new panel, the first person to post the panel will be the one whose panel is canon. Therefore, it is somewhat of a race to create panels!
- No profanity or nudity obviously. All CCAS rules naturally apply.
- You can fit characters and backgrounds to your own style. Feel free to make the characters or backgrounds more realistic or more cartoony - whatever fits your abilities and style. The panel dimensions can be up to you. Also, it's up to you if you want to use color!
- Don't kill off everyone immediately or be that that guy when it comes to these things. You know what I'm saying.
- Artists can win in the area of SWEETEST LOOKING PANEL. And BEST PLOT ENHANCER (the panel that best moves the plot along, or has the best plot twist, or best develops a character, etc.). If you win, you get an COOL (real!) trophy, with engravings!
- Please sign or initial your work (it makes it easier as far as flow)
- The contest ends when the story ends.
And so, without further adieu, the story: