Since the conversation has gone all over the map, I've decided to grab this and focus the conversation to be a little more specific in a SURVEY FORMAT.
Below will be 16 questions. Take 5-10 mins to answer, since the answers will help benefit everyone.
- Questions 1- 11 are for everyone
- Queston 12 is for anyone outside of North America
- Questions 13-16 are for Creator/Publishers
For this thread, let's just stick to the questions and stay away from debates on art, or announcements on the next big company idea. By aggregating this information, I think it will be informative to us all as to how you as an individual, company, producer or purchaser can respond to the information.
Please provide your answers in an alternate color so it's easier to distinguish questions from the answers.
If you feel uncomfortable with any questions, you do not need to answer it. Some of these questions of course may be slightly leading - for that I apologize.
AN UNOFFICIAL SURVEY REGARDING CHRISTIAN COMICS
1. Have you purchased a "Christian Comic" in the last year FROM SOMEONE ON THESE BOARDS?
- IF YES - what did you buy, who published it and where/how did you buy it?
- IF NO - Why did you not buy? (Price? Quality? Timing? Awareness?)
2. Have you purchased a "Christian Comic" in the last year from someone who is NOT ON THESE BOARDS? IF so what was the title and who published it?
3. Were you satisfied with your purchase and the purchase process?
4. Are you aware of Christian Comics and where do you generally find your information? (Google, Comix International, Comix 35, CCAS, word of mouth, other?)
5. Do you find it difficult to find or buy Christian Comics on the web?
6. What is your BIGGEST COMPLAINT about Christian Comics?
7. What is your FAVORITE THING about Christian Comics?
8. If you are a comic purchaser - what would you like to see MORE OF in the Christian Comic space?
9. IF you are a comic purchaser:
- how much would you pay for a comic?
- how much would you pay for a digital comic?
- Where do you want to buy or get your comics? (online, store, other)
10. IF you are a comic purchaser is there something publishers should be doing to make your life easier?
11. IF there was ONE THING YOU COULD FIX in Christian Comics it would be...?
12. FOR OUTSIDE OF NORTH AMERICA: Is there anything that North Americans* should change so their product is more suitable to your environment? Do you care? (Let us know where your from)
*Full Disclosure: I am Canadian.
========= Questions below for Creators and Publishers Only =================
13. Are you Christian Publisher? If so, who are you and where can we find you online?
14. Have you PUBLISHED A CHRISTIAN COMIC? And if so what is it and where can it be found? (THIS IS NOT FOR IN PROGRESS OR BEING DEVELOPED - Must already exist as a product that can be purchased)
15. IF you are a publisher/creator what is your biggest issue? (Cost, marketing, distribution, printing, digital, editorial, time for production, lack of audience, finding good talent, website, general apathy of the audience?)
16. IF you have published a Christian Comic, have you been satisfied with the response you have received? If yes, are you willing to share how large your audience is? If no, have you been given feedback as to why not, and are you willing to share?
IF you reached here. and weren't bored to tears...THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. Hopefully this will help everyone understand what is kind of going on, and help people get what they are looking for.
I thought it would be interesting to find out what's really going on in our heads here on the CCAS board.
According to the previous "New Comic Company Idea" thread and "WHY ARE SO MANY CHRISTIAN COMICS AND MEDIA SO BORING.?" we see a need but why?
And what is it that you the individual creator, publisher or purchaser islooking for? These are just some of the questions that I hope to seetouched on.